What you'll need
- 4 thick slices of bread — torn into big croutons — see Chunky, Crunchy Croutons.
- Crisp ‘n Dry spray oil (Crisp ‘n Dry cooking oil will work just as well)
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, sliced — (you can buy ready cooked chicken breasts or simply grill some and cool them for the salad)
- 1 large Cos or Romaine lettuce, leaves separated
- 6 tsp of Caesar salad dressing (you can buy it ready-made in a bottle)
- Salt and pepper
How to do it
Put the croutons onto a baking tray and coat with the Crisp ‘n Dry spray oil.
Bake at 200°c / gas 6 for 10 minutes then leave to cool.
Tear the lettuce into large pieces and place in the dish.
Add the chicken pieces then pour on the Caesar salad dressing and seasoning.
Toss together and serve immediately.
To make this extra special, top with fresh parmesan shavings.