Website legal information
Terms and conditions
1. Terms of website use
2. Information about us
The Website is a site operated by Edible Oils Limited (or “we”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 05309847 and have our registered office at Sixth Floor, Royal Liver Buildings, Pier Head, Liverpool L3 1NX, UK. Our main trading address is Sixth Floor, Royal Liver Buildings, Pier Head, Liverpool L3 1NX, UK. Our VAT number is 864 4320 26.
3. Accessing the Website
Access to the Website is permitted on a temporary basis, and Edible Oils Limited reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on the Website without notice (see below). Edible Oils Limited will not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Website, or our entire site, to users who have registered with us.
When using the Website, you must comply with the provisions of our acceptable use policy.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Website through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
4. Intellectual property rights
Edible Oils Limited are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the Website for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on the Website.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Edible Oils Limited’ status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on the Website must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on the Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from Edible Oils Limited or our licensors.
5. Reliance on information posted
Commentary and other materials posted on the Website are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
6. The Website changes regularly
Edible Oils Limited aim to update the Website regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to the Website, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on the Website may be out of date at any given time, and Edible Oils Limited are under no obligation to update such material.
7. Our liability
The material displayed on the Website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, Edible Oils Limited, other members of our group of companies, associated companies of Edible Oils Limited, and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
(a) all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
(b) any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with the Website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the Website, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- (i) loss of income or revenue;
- (ii) loss of business;
- (iii) loss of profits or contracts;
- (iv) loss of anticipated savings;
- (v) loss of data;
- (vi) loss of goodwill;
- (vii) wasted management or office time; and
- (viii) for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
8. Information about you and your visits to the Website
9. Uploading material to the Website
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload material to the Website, or to make contact with other users of the Website, you must comply with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
Any material you upload to the Website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and Edible Oils Limited have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. Edible Oils Limited also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to the Website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
Edible Oils Limited will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of the Website.
Edible Oils Limited have the right to remove any material or posting you make on the Website if, in Edible Oils Limited's opinion, such material does not comply with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy.
10. Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse the Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website, the server on which the Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website. You must not attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. Edible Oils Limited will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Website will cease immediately.
Edible Oils Limited will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
11. Linking to the Website
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
The Website must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of the Website other than the home page. Edible Oils Limited reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy.
If you wish to make any use of material on the Website other than that set out above, please address your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Links from the Website
Where the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
13. Jurisdiction and applicable law
14. Trade marks
CRISP 'N DRY is either trade mark of Edible Oils Limited or a member of the Princes group or an associate company (by way of joint venture of otherwise) or used under licence by Edible Oils Limited or a member of the Princes group or an associate company (by way of joint venture of otherwise).
16. Your concerns
If you have any concerns about material which appears on the Website, please contact email@example.com.
Thank you for visiting the Website.
Edible Oils Limited (or "we") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is Edible Oils Limited of Sixth Floor, Royal Liver Buildings, Pier Head, Liverpool, L3 1NX.
Edible Oils Limited's nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Martyn Rodmell.
1. Information we may collect from you
Edible Oils Limited may collect and process the following data about you:
- (a) information that you provide by filling in forms on the website www.crispndry.co.uk ("Website"). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, subscribing to the service, posting material or requesting further services. Edible Oils Limited may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Edible Oils Limited, and when you report a problem with the Website.
- (b) if you contact Edible Oils Limited, they may keep a record of that correspondence.
- (c) Edible Oils Limited may also ask you to complete surveys that Edible Oils Limited use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- (d) details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
2. IP addresses and cookies
Edible Oils Limited may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about their users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, Edible Oils Limited may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help Edible Oils Limited to improve their Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable Edible Oils Limited:
- (a) to estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- (b) to store information about your preferences, and so allow them to customise the Website according to your individual interests.
- (c) to speed up your searches.
- (d) to recognise you when you return to the Website.
3. Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to Edible Oils Limited is stored on their secure servers. Where Edible Oils Limited have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Edible Oils Limited ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Edible Oils Limited will do their best to protect your personal data, they cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once Edible Oils Limited have received your information, they will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
4. Uses made of the information
Edible Oils Limited use information held about you in the following ways:
- (a) to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- (b) to provide you with information, products or services that you request from Edible Oils Limited or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- (c) to carry out their obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Edible Oils Limited.
- (d) to allow you to participate in interactive features of the service, when you choose to do so.
- (e) to notify you about changes to the service.
Edible Oils Limited may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you do not want Edible Oils Limited to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which Edible Oils Limited collect your data.
5. Disclosure of your information
Edible Oils Limited may disclose your personal information to any member of their group, which means their subsidiaries, their ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in the Companies Act 2006. In addition Edible Oils Limited may disclose your personal information to an associated company of Edible Oils Limited.
Edible Oils Limited may disclose your personal information to third parties:
(a) in the event that Edible Oils Limited sell or buy any business or assets, in which case Edible Oils Limited may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
(b) if Edible Oils Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Edible Oils Limited will be one of the transferred assets.
6. Your rights
You have the right to ask Edible Oils Limited not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. Edible Oils Limited will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if they intend to use your data for such purposes or if they intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms Edible Oils Limited use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting Edible Oils Limited at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of Edible Oils Limited's partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that Edible Oils Limited do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
7. Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet Edible Oils Limited's costs in providing you with details of the information they hold about you.
Acceptable use policy
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website www.crispndry.co.uk (the “Website”). This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, the Website.
Your use of the Website means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms of website use.
The Website is a website operated by Edible Oils Limited (or “we”). Edible Oils Limited are registered in England and Wales under company number 05309847 and we have our registered office at Sixth Floor, Royal Liver Buildings, Pier Head, Liverpool L3 1NX, UK. Our main trading address is Sixth Floor, Royal Liver Buildings, Pier Head, Liverpool L3 1NX, UK. Our VAT number is 864 4320 26.
1. Prohibited uses
You may use the Website only for lawful purposes. You may not use the Website:
- (a) in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- (b) in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- (c) for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- (d) to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
- (e) to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- (f) to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, trojans, worms, time-bombs, logic bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- (a) not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of the Website in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use.
- (b) not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- (i) any part of the Website;
- (ii) any equipment or network on which the Website is stored;
- (iii) any software used in the provision of the Website; or
- (iv) any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
2. Interactive services
Edible Oils Limited may from time to time provide interactive services on the Website, including, without limitation:
- (a) chat rooms.
- (b) bulletin boards.
Where we do provide any Interactive Service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
Edible Oils Limited will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any Interactive Service provided on the Website, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, Edible Oils Limited are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any Interactive Service we provide on the Website, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any Interactive Service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our Interactive Services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an Interactive Service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any Interactive Service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an Interactive Service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
3. Content standards
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to the Website (“Contributions”), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- (a) be accurate (where they state facts).
- (b) be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- (c) comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- (a) contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- (b) contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- (c) promote sexually explicit material.
- (d) promote violence.
- (e) promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- (f) infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- be likely to deceive any person.
- (h) be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- (i) promote any illegal activity.
- (j) be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- (l) be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- (m) give the impression that they emanate from Edible Oils Limited, if this is not the case.
- (n) advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
4. Suspension and termination
Edible Oils Limited will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of the Website. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach of the terms of website use upon which you are permitted to use the Website, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- (a) immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Website.
- (b) immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to the Website.
- (c) issue of a warning to you.
- (d) legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- (e) further legal action against you.
- (f) disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
Edible Oils Limited exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and Edible Oils Limited may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
5. Changes to the acceptable use policy
Edible Oils Limited may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on the Website.